I know it can be totally frustrating when you are trying your very best to lose the weight and NOTHING is happening. You are showing up every day, being mindful of your nutrition, killing it in the gym and have ZIP to show for it…
What if I were to tell you with one simple tweak (that requires minimal effort) you could:
- Gain more energy organically(without the caffeine)
- Lift the brain fog
- Eliminate cravings
- Lose those stubborn pounds (especially in your mid-section)
AND what if I were to tell you the ONLY adjustment I am asking you to make is in your approach to SLEEP!
Sounds, crazy right?!
Here is what is REALLY CRAZY- Everything you have ever been told about weight-loss from the fitness industry has centered around restricting calories, long sessions of cardio, and strenuous exercises…and DOING MORE! MORE! MORE! All of this leads to a ton of stress on your body…
Your most amazing body responds to this stress by
- Decreasing the production of leptin, the hunger regulating hormone, WHILE increasing ghrelin, a hormone that triggers hunger.
All this time you what you thought was hunger could have been your body’s way of telling you to SLEEP!
AND your body also–
- Increases production of the stress hormones, cortisol and epinephrine, spiking your insulin levels causing you to crave fatty, sugary foods. Hello Belly Fat!!!
Essentially when you body is under chronic stress you become a fat-storing, stress hormone producing machine!
Here is the good news –
Deep sleep metabolizes excess cortisol and epinephrine (the stress hormones) better than anything else! It also regulates your hunger hormones… eliminating those crazy waves of hunger.
But there is a catch…It’s not just about sleep…Its about getting your sleep in at the most beneficial time for you body.
Our bodies are programmed with circadian rhythms which influence our sleep-wake cycles and hormone release.
Studies have shown the hours between 10:00PM – 2:00AM are when our bodies receive the most restorative sleep…More melatonin is released…Stress hormones are decreased…End result being – You are FINALLY FREE from the excess weight!
Here is what I suggest for the next couple weeks –
- Try to get to bed no later than 11:00 PM. 10 PM is best
- Make yourself a cup of chamomile tea 30 minutes before bed to relax and shut down all technology at least 30 minutes before bed
- Make sure your room is dark – purchase drapes if necessary
- Make sure temperature of your room is comfortably cool.
Forming this new sleep habit will create MAJOR differences in your weight loss and fat loss.
You truly can achieve MORE by doing less.
Give it a try and see how your body responds AND who doesn’t LOVE sleep!?
If you are looking for a sustainable, loving approach to weight loss without the restriction check out my signature online program The SoulBody Method.
The SoulBody Method uses a synergistic approach consisting of 4 dynamic elements: mindset, soulset, movement, and nutrition. Each unique element at their most fundamental level comes from a place of self-love and what is truthful for YOU, and nobody else!
CLICK HERE To learn more