I had this amazing dish while on the Soul Discovery Retreat in Hawaii, and it’s just perfect for summer!
Here’s what you’ll need to make your own Stuffed Tuna Salad Tomatoes:
- 6 large tomatoes
- 5 cans of Tuna (wild pole caught albacore) in water
- Wilderness family mayo or homemade organic mayo (see the recipe below)
- 4 to 5 sticks of Celery
- 1 Red onion
- 2 Tablesspoons of olive oil
- Red and green peppers
- 1 cucumber
- Salt and pepper to taste
Cut the top of the tomatoes off and empty the seeds out of the tomatoes with a spoon the set aside.
Then, in a large bowl, mix all the remaining ingredients until it creates a creamy tuna salad consistency and fill the tomatoes.
For a fun garnish, add hard boiled eggs, sprouts and capers!
- 2 eggs (from pastured hens) at room temperature
- 1 tsp. sucanat (optional)
- 1 tsp. raw, unpastuerized apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 c. cold-pressed, UV-protected olive oil
- 1/2 c. warm coconut oil
- 1 tsp. whey
- salt & paprika to taste
Put 1 egg and the yolk of the other in your blender, along with sucanat, cider vinegar, & whey. Whirl around for 30 seconds or until nice and frothy. Slowly add in olive oil, followed by coconut oil. Add salt and paprika to taste. Transfer to a small, pint sized jar and close the lid tightly. Leave on your counter for 7-12 hours then transfer to the refrigerator.
Recipe adapted from www.foodrenegade.com. I love this chick and what she is putting out there!